Sonntag, 27. Februar 2011

Cuben Wallet

I've had the urge to make a cuben wallet ever since I saw pictures of one on Backpacking Light. One of my main problems wit a wallet is carrying my passport. Being an American living in Germany, I'm required to carry it. I designed this to hold my passport, 6 cards, and money. It's a bifold design with 2 card pouches. I reinforced all of the edges with an extra layer of cuben. It only added about 1 gram, and made it a lot stronger, so it was well worth it. The Velcro closure make sit sit better in my pocket without sliding around and deforming.

Materials: Cuben Fiber CT0.6K.08, Cuben Tape 3M 9485PC, velcro 1cm width

Total Weight: 4.9 grams (0.17 oz)














2 Kommentare:

  1. You might find how this wallet is closed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsxMh3PZ41A as another way to make your wallet stronger and less prone to velcro problems.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Do you make and sell wallet like this too? :P if yes can you make one for me? I live in Germany too, thank you :)

    AntwortenLöschen